Tuesday, March 15, 2022

COCONUT BANANA MUFFINS

 

Sorry I am later getting this post out. Troubles with my laptop last night so I just gave up and went to bed. I tell you this morning but one of these would taste really good right now. I know it is early for "cake" but with the time change this week to daylight saving time, anything goes. 

It usually takes me a week for my body and mind to get used to springing ahead one hour on the clock. At least I'm retired so it doesn't bother me as much as it did when I was teaching. I just kinda go with the flow now. 

This recipe though is one to take very seriously. It is so good and with no added sugar, how can you go wrong. Of course, if you are younger and not concerned YET about calories and especially sugar, you can use regular goods to make them. I don't know if I am just used to sugar substitutes but I can't tell the difference. I gave a couple to Techie Friend Sean, still in his twenties, and he told me later they were delicious. 

Either way I hope you will give them a try. I don't think you will be disappointed. And for my friends who don't like banana, try using 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce.

Click HERE for a printable copy of just the recipe.


COCONUT BANANA MUFFINS

1       sugar-free yellow cake mix 

3       large eggs

1/4    cup oil

1/2    cup water

1/2    cup plain Greek yogurt

2       bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)

1       cup unsweetened coconut  + additional coconut to sprinkle on top


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Place muffin paper cups in each cup of 24 muffin cups. Set aside.


Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl with electric mixer on low

until ingredients are wet. Scrape the sides of the bowl.

Then increase the speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes


Divide batter filling muffin cups 3/4 full.

Sprinkle additional coconut on top.

Bake until done, about 15 - 20 minutes.


Cool in muffin tins on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment