Thursday, March 24, 2022

CARROT BANANA QUICK BREAD

I  know we have only been in MO for 13-1/2 years, but I don't ever remembering it raining here for three days in a row. I know it's good for the trees, grass, and flowers that will be opening up soon since we didn't have much snow this winter. It hasn't been a heavy rain at all; just that drizzle that doesn't seem like it's going to stop. It also had to turn colder again. Spring is officially here so I am ready for Spring.

I'm going to use the weather for my excuse for this funk I'm in. Not even making the block squares for the 30 - Block Exchange Group I'm in are cheering me up. So with all of this going on, can you imagine my surprise when a simple recipe would excite me enough to make it?

I'm typing this wearing my new wrist braces. It is a strange feeling wearing them, but if they make my wrists not hurt, I will suffer through them until I get used to wearing them. I think my wrists are hurting me because of arthritis. Trying several things before I go to the doctor.

This recipe is super easy. I was even able to mix it up without my wrists hurting. I just used a firmer rubber spatula to stir and it worked great. I just went to check on it at the shortest cooking time and it's so pretty in the pan baking, but it's still soft in the center so I set the timer for 10 more minutes.

For a printable copy of just the recipe click HERE.


CARROT BANANA QUICK BREAD

1       pkg carrot cake mix

1/3    cup oil

3       eggs

1       cup mashed bananas


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 5 x 9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.


Pour dry cake mix in a large mixing bowl along with the oil, eggs, and bananas.

Stir until all ingredients are moist and a batter has formed.

Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.


Bake in oven for 40 - 50 minutes or until done.

Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack.


Remove from pan and continue to cool on the rack. 














It is so good. My husband wouldn't wait for it to cool very long. I didn't taste the bananas at all. My bananas looked ripe from the outside, but they were still fairly firm when I mashed them. It had a stronger taste of carrot cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment