Thursday, April 1, 2021

PEANUT BUTTER ICING

 I often share my goodies with Friend Fran. She enjoys them so much and I enjoy giving them to her. It also means there are less to eat in our house. Recently whenever her daughter Sheila decides to bake, Fran will contact me to let me know Sheila has made such-and-such and wanted to share some with us. It's fun being on the receiving end and I always ask her if I can share the recipe here on my blog. 

One day Fran sent me a text to tell me Sheila had made some cupcakes and wanted to share some with us. I love cupcakes because they are smaller and so less calories. These cupcakes with the peanut butter icing were just what my sweet tooth was calling for. I sent Sheila a text asking her to send me the recipe and asked her if she had made the cupcakes from scratch. Her response was too funny for me not to share: Oh heck no...cake mix, hahahaha! Some type of double chocolate, think it was Duncan Hines. 

So I am sharing the super delicious icing on the cupcakes. I bet it would be awesome on a layer cake or one made in a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan.



PEANUT BUTTER ICING

1     cup powdered sugar

1     cup creamy peanut butter

5     tablespoons softened butter

1/4  teaspoon salt

3/4  teaspoon vanilla

1/3  cup heavy cream or 1/4 cup milk (Sheila used more.)


Mix all ingredients except the dairy; beat until creamy. 

Slowly beat in dairy to desired consistency. 

Makes enough for 24 cupcakes - double the recipe for layered cakes.

Yesterday Workers Jay and Josh cut out my kitchen sink and dropped a new granite one in its place. It looks so pretty in my kitchen. Makes me feel like I have a new kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment