Thursday, April 29, 2021

AMISH CHEESY MEAT LOAF

 I am quickly becoming frustrated with technology. I feel bad for people who are technology challenged because our whole world has become technology dependent. I have spent litterally hours the last few days because of difficulties in trying to have access to apps, etc. Tuesday night my laptop would not allow me to sign on - thus no new post yesterday. I may just be putting off the inevitable and break down and buy a new one. But yesterday evening after not being able to log on earlier in the day, I was successful.

I made this meat loaf for us Monday afternoon.I surprised my husband and made two smaller one and added the onion to his. I followed the original recipe except I used mozzeralla cheese instead of Swiss cheese so I changed the name from Amish Swiss Meat Loaf to Amish Cheesy Meat Loaf. The added bacon on top was an excellent addition.



AMISH CHEESY MEAT LOAF

1       egg

1/2    cup evaporated milk

1       teaspoon salt

1/2    teaspoon black pepper

1-1/2 lbs lean ground beef

1       cup Ritz crackers (24 crackers), crushed

1       cup grated cheese (I used mozzorella cheese)

1/4    cup chopped onion

additional cheese

bacon strip

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Beat egg in a large bowl. Add milk, salt, and pepper. Beat well with whisk.


Add meat, cracker crumbs, cheese, and onion.

(I added the meat, cracker crumbs, and cheese and then split it in half. I added the onion to one half.)  Mix well with hands.

Form into loaf and place in loaf pan. (I used two corning ware loaf pans about 4 x 6.


Cut bacon in 1 inch pieces and place in a single layer on top of loaf.


Bake for 40 minutes.

Sprinkle more cheese on top and


bake 10 minutes longer.

Cut in desired serving size.


No comments:

Post a Comment