Tuesday, April 13, 2021

FRUITY PANCAKES

 Today's post is one of those fun posts that isn't that informative. In fact nothing I will say is probably new to anyone. But I like the way it takes ordinary and turns it into special.

It happened because I was so tired last weekend (Friday night) and the last thing I really wanted to do was get up Saturday morning and bake something special for breakfast even though I have not missed a weekend so far this year. I'm not sure when the idea came to me, but when I got out of bed Saturday morning I had decided to turn ordinary into special.

How did I do this? I mixed up some simple, but really good pancake batter. I had some frozen fresh blackberries that we grew and some fresh frozen blueberries. I rinsed the berries to thaw them a little while I mixed up the pancake batter. After I poured some batter on the griddle, I placed the blackberries or blueberries on the small pancakes. That was the only out of the ordinary thing that I did to make the pancakes. For me I sprinkled mini chocolate chips on my pancakes. To serve them I added some blueberries and blackberries I didn't use in the pancakes and some powdered sugar, additional chocolate chips, and some sugar-free syrup on mine.

Here are some pictures I took:


  














So our Saturday Special Breakfast turned out special and all I really did was make pancakes and just added some fruit when they were cooking. Ordinary became Special very easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment