Monday, April 12, 2021

BOB EVANS' PEANUT BUTTER PIE

 

Last week was my busiest week in a year! Every day except I had something on my calendar except Friday. I just cleaned house and made a Pecan Pie Cheesecake for the Tasty Bunch who were coming over for dessert Saturday night. After a year of almost not even knowing what day it was most of the time, It was a little overwhelming and tiring physically, but mostly mentally. Some of my friends are feeling the same way. We have decided some of our previous activities are not coming back into our routine. 

Yesterday our church held two services with 150 in attendance at each service. Wayne and I helped at both of the services with the Hospitality Team. Our responsibilities are a lot less than before COVID, but I think everyone was just glad to be back in the building. I am used to greeting and passing out bulletins to everyone and now after the people checked in, we each just led a family into the worship center to prearranged seats in family groups. There were 4 to maybe 8 of us doing this. That meant I didn't get to see everyone as they came in and I missed that. BUT I'm happy to be back too.

This week will be back to my new normal except our Blanket of Hope group at the church is going back to meeting in the church Tuesday afternoon, the second Tuesday of April and our normal meeting time. We hope to get a number of quilt tops designed (laid out in a pattern) and someone in the group will take the squares home to sew the top together. Hopefully we can get together before the second Tuesday in May and get the tops pinned together with batting and backing so they can be returned then in May finished. It will really be good to come together. 

I made this pie for the Tasty Bunch for Saturday night because the Pecan Pie Cheesecake bars didn't turn out the way they looked in the picture. You will read about that when I post the recipe tomorrow. I decided to make the pie incase the bars didn't turn out. So I served both desserts and they were both enjoyed by everyone. I am taking the leftover bars to the thrift shop today. I am sure they will be a big hit with the volunteers.

  For a printable copy of just the recipe, click HERE. 



BOB EVANS' PEANUT BUTTER PIE


1     5.1 - ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix (large box)

2     cups milk

1/2  cup heavy whipping cream

1     cup creamy peanut butter

1     6 - ounce jar of hot fudge (ice cream topping)

1     8 - ounce container of whipped topping, thawed

1     9 - inch pie crust, baked


Bake pie crust and allow to cool.

Combine the pudding mix with the milk and whisk until creamy.


Whisk together peanut butter and the pudding mix til

smooth and thoroughly blended. 


Whip heavy whipping cream until

peaks form.


Fold the whipped whipping cream into mixture until

blended.


Heat hot fudge in the microwave slightly so it will pour easier.

Pour the hot fudge in the bottom of the cooled pie crust.


Spoon the peanut butter mixture on top of the hot fudge. 


Cover with as much of the whipped topping as you wish. (I didn't use the entire container of whipped topping.)


Place in freezer and freeze at least 1 hour. 





Remove from freezer and drizzle some warmed hot fudge over top OR wait to drizzle each serving piece with some of the hot fudge when you cut the pie to serve. (This is what I did.)


Either way return pie to refrigerator cover until ready to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment