Wednesday, April 21, 2021

PINEAPPLE JUICE CAKE

 When I first saw this recipe on Facebook, I imediately thought of my mother. She loved making her Lemon Jello Cake and everyone else in the family did too. I took the recipe and used different flavors of jello to change the color of the cake for different hoidays.

I didn't have anything sweet in the house and thought I would make it. I used a sugar-free yellow cake mix to reduce the sugar. The cake is so moist and delicious! I think it would also taste good using orange juice. I will have to try that sometimes. Until then we will just enjoy the pineapple taste. 

Click HERE for a printable copy of just the recipe.



PINEAPPLE JUICE CAKE

1     15.25 oxz yellow or butter cake mix (I used a sugar-free yellow cake mix)

3/4   cup oil

3/4   cup pineapple juice

4      large eggs

      *     *     *     *

2      cups powdered sugar

3/4   cups pineapple juice

4      tablespoons unsalted butter


Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a Bundt pan. Set aside.


Combine the cake mix, oil, 3/4 cup pineapple juice, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.

Stir on low speed til moistened. Scrape sides of the bowl.

Increase speed and beat for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl again.

Pour batter evenly into pan.

Bake for 40 - 45 minutes until cake springs back when touched lightly with fingers. 

Remove cake from oven and place on wire rack.


Poke lots of holes with a wooden skewer.

 


Prepare glaze (powdered sugar, juice, and 4 tablespoons) Place ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat.

Stir til butter melts.
 

Pour glaze over cake making sure you fill holes.


Do not remove the cake from the pan until most of the juice is absorbed, an hour or two.

Remove cake from pan onto cake platter with lid. (This is what my cake looked like when I was transferring it to my covered cake carrier. It slipped off the base and fortunately I cought it about half on the base and half on the counter. I managed to save it, but it's not the prettiest cake I ever made. It is so soaked with pineapple juice. BUT that just makes it taste even better.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment