Monday, May 3, 2021

ORANGE OATMEAL MUFFINS

 I've had a busy day today and it will be time to turn in soon, but I picked up my laptop and it was working so I decided I had better get a post or two written before it decides to be tempermental. Just about the time I think I definitely need to just buy me a new one, it works! Please bear with me. If you don't see a post from me each weekday, you know I was having computer problems.

These Orange Oatmeal Muffins were actually our special 
Saturday breakfast over a week ago. My delay in sharing the recipe with you had absolutely northing to do with the recipe wasn't very good. Just the opposite. They were delicious. They only have 1/4 cup of sugar but you would never know it because of the strusel - like topping on them. A good thing to remember when you are making especially muffins...If the recipe doesn't have much sugar in them, but you want them to be tasty...sprinkle the top with at least sugar before you bake them. Getting that little extra bit of sugar when you take a bite, gives your taste buds a little extra boost and you will think the muffin is sweeter than it really is.



ORANGE OATMEAL MUFFINS

2      tablespoons brown sugar

2      teaspoons flour

1      teaspoon butter, melted

1//4  teaspoon cinnamon

     *     *     *

1      cup flour

1      cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked

1/2   cup pecans, chopped

1/4   cup sugar

2      teaspoons grated orange rind (I used dried orange peel)

2      teaspoons baking powder

1/2   teaspoon salt

     *     *     *

1/2    cup orange juice

1/4    cup milk

3       tablespoons oil

1       egg, beaten


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan for 12 muffins.


Combine the brown sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon, mixing until crumbly; set aside.


In a mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, pecans, sugar, orange rind/peel, baking powder, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.

Make a well in the center.


In a separate bowl combine the orange juice, milk, oil, and egg. Whisk until egg is combined with the other ingredients.

Add to dry ingredients; stirring just until moistened. 


Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 3/4 full. The recipe was supposed to make 12 muffins, but I only got 9. Pour a little water in the unfilled cups so the muffins will bake evenly.

Sprinkle the cinnamon mixture on top and bake for 15 minutes.


My granddauther Madison had gotten a new phone watch and was busy texting me while I was making these. I told her I that I wished she and her brother were with me. She said she did too. I told her I would take a bite of one for her. This picture shows the missing bite I took for her. She told me they were having chocolate chip muffins that her daddy had made. I told her I had taught him how to cook. She thought that was funny.

Great warmed up also. Store in air-tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment