Friday, May 7, 2021

BAKED COCONUT CREAM PIE (AMISH)

 We needed something sweet in the house and I couldn't think of anything better than a coconut pie. The title of the pie has "cream" in it, but don't get confused with your ordinary coconut cream pie. That's not what this pie is. It tastes like a coconut pie and if you like coconut as much as Wayne and I do, that speaks volumes. I do think it tasted better the second night after being in the refrigerator over night, but we couldn't resist enjoying a piece of it while it was still a little warm. 

The recipe is Mary Esther MIller, the Manager/Restaurant Gifts at the Das Dutchman Essenaus in Middlebury, Indiana. I really hope we can get there sometime before the end of the year. It sounds like a really neat place to visit.



BAKED COCONUT CREAM PIE

2       eggs, beaten

1       cup corn syrup

1       cup milk

1       teaspoon vanilla

1/4    cup sugar

1       tablespoon flour

2       teaspoon melted butter

1       cup coconut

1       9 - inch deep pie crust

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Beat eggs well.

Mix ingredients well.


Pour into pie shell.

Bake for 45 min to 1 hour. (I did bake mine for an hour.) (My pie shell said to bake pie on a cookie sheet so I did.)


Cool on wire rack. Store covered in refrigerator. I think it is better the second day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow,that looks amazing, I love coconut, I'll have to share that with readers soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great. I hope before we do our road trip, you can give me a list of places I need to make sure we visit. 😉 It tastes as good as it looks. Patricia

      Delete