Monday, November 2, 2020

SAUSAGE MUFFINS

 I buy the frozen breakfast type foods because they are good but also because they are easy to throw in the microwave and eat on-the-go or with my Greek yogurt for breakfast. I was going through a folder of recipes and found this recipe on a small note pad sheet for Sausage Muffins that I had written down. I have no idea where I saw the recipe, but I knew immediately that I wanted to try it. I may not ever buy those sandwiches, etc again. Or at least not as often. 

I made the muffins one Saturday morning when MO gkids Madison and Tyler were coming over. I hadn't gotten very far in the preparations when they arrived and of course, they both wanted to jump in and help. I love cooking with my gkids. Wish I could do it with my CO gkids, but our time is always short when we visit and DIL Sara is always prepared in advance for what we will be eating while there. One time they asked me to make my biscuits and Sadie watched me prepare them. Hallie got there just as we finished.

Tyler didn't eat one because he doesn't like sausage, but Madison did. As she was eating hers, she said, "You should add some bacon next time." LOVED IT! I told her that was a good idea.



SAUSAGE MUFFINS

1     cup baking mix

1     lb cooked sausage

4     beaten eggs

1     cup shredded cheese


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray the 12-cups muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.


Cook sausage in a skillet until done.


Scoop out cooked sausage with slotted spoon and put in a mixing bowl.


Add cheese and stir.

Beat eggs with a fork in a small bowl and

add to mixture and

stir til mixed well.


Then add baking mix and

stir completely.


Scoop out mixture using a ice cream scoop (1/4 cup) to fill muffin cups. We used a spoon to evenly add the rest of the batter in the bowl to use it all up.


Bake for 20 minutes or til lightly browned. (I added about 2 minutes.)


Run a knife around muffin to remove and enjoy OR allow to cool and freeze in ziplock bags to eat later. 
Wayne couldn't wait to eat one.

To eat from frozen state - 

OVEN METHOD: 

I removed two the night before to thaw and warmed up the next morning in the oven to eat for breakfast. To warm up, I placed muffins in metal pie plate and placed in oven when I turned it on to preheat. Once the oven reached 350 degrees F, I removed them. 

MICROWAVE METHOD: 


Place muffin on paper towel.

Wrap muffin and place in oven. Thaw for 60 seconds at 50% power. Cook 30 seconds. Let rest for 60 seconds in microwave before

removing to eat. 










Here is a picture of Madison helping... good job!👍


No comments:

Post a Comment