Wednesday, November 4, 2020

DREAM PIE

 After eating his first piece, Wayne came up the stairs asking me if I had ever made this chocolate pie before. I told him I didn't think so, why? He said he was just wondering that it was pretty good. I decided to do a search on the blog to see if I had. Surprise, surprise, I had. But then when I looked at it closely I realized it was called the same thing, but it was a different pie. (You can check that other recipe HERE.) So I was correct when I told him it was the first time I had made it.

If you want to really impress someone, make them this pie. It is so high in the pie shell. The recipe I had saved from a magazine said you could use any flavor instant pudding. The one on the Dream Whip box gave a variety for a coconut dream pie. That sounds really good since coconut cream is one of my favorites.


DREAM PIE

2       envelopes Dream Whip Whipped Topping Mix

2-3/4 cups cold milk divided

1       teaspoon vanilla

2       packages chocolate flavor Instant Pudding (I used sugar free)

1       baked pie crust (9 inch) cooled


Beat whipped topping mixes, 1 cup milk, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on high speed 6 minutes, or until soft peaks form. (I mixed the ingredients on a slower speed at first to mix up the dry topping mix with the milk, then increased speed.)


Add remaining mix and dry pudding mixes; beat on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed 2 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape bottom and side of bowl.


Spoon into crust.


Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. I waited until the next day to cut the pie.


Just in case you might want to make the Easy Coconut Dream Pie ...

Stir in 1 cup toasted angel flake coconut and 1/2 cup chopped pecans into the coconut instant pudding mixes before spooning into pie crust.

No comments:

Post a Comment