Wednesday, November 11, 2020

AMISH CHICKEN DELUXE

 A couple of weeks ago when I thawed a package of rotisserie chicken wayne had bought at Costco, I needed to find several different things to make using it since it was so much. I made my Walnut Chicken Salad first for lunch for the guys, Jay, Justin, and John who were doing several home improvements projects on the house. They really enjoyed the sandwiches. 

Then I made this Chicken Deluxe from Mrs. Ralph and Roy Kramer (Jamesport Kuntry Favorites). It called for 1 quart of cut-up chicken so I used 4 cups of chopped chicken. We really enjoyed the casserole for several meals. I used 4 - oz of the Velveeta cheese as the recipe requested, but personally we could have had twice that much for a more cheesy flavor. BTW, the Velveeta Cheese I was using didn't have the measurement lines on the foil wrapper. Just in case you have one missing the measurements, 4 - oz is 1 inch of the block.



CHICKEN DELUXE

4     cups cut-up chicken

2     cups cooked macaroni (1 cup dry)

1/2  cup cubed Velveeta cheese (4 - oz) (Double that if you want a cheesier taste)

6     tablespoons flour

4     cups chicken broth (32 - oz carton)

2     cups bread crumbs, toasted (I used Italian Bread Crumbs)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 8 x 12 inch casserole dish.


Heat chicken broth

In a small bowl add enough water to the flour to make a paste. (I added about 6 tablespoons of water.)

Add to chicken/broth and stir to thicken.
Add chicken...

When thickened, add macaroni and cheese.

Stir to distribute and melt some of the cheese.

Pour into pan and

sprinkle with bread crumbs.

Bake for 30 minutes. (I baked mine 45 minutes.)


Serve...

No comments:

Post a Comment