Tuesday, November 15, 2016

WALNUT-CHICKEN SALAD

Today I am sharing the Walnut-Chicken Salad I served my Mexican Train friends last Thursday. I told them that the recipe called for onions which, of course, I left out (if you are new to my blog, you may not know that my systems do not take kindly to onions and peppers so I often leave them out of recipes) and Friend Carol said, "I like it just like you made it." Everyone agreed. It also called for a little (1/4 cup) chutney which I didn't have. That isn't much considering how much the recipes makes. (I could have easily served 10 or more guests.)



WALNUT-CHICKEN SALAD

4         cups cubed cooked chicken (I used three 12.5 ounce cans of white premium chunk chicken breast.)
1-1/3  cups chopped walnuts
1/2     cup finely chopped celery
1/4     cup raisins
1/2     cup salad dressing with olive oil
1/4     cup lemon juice
1/2     teaspoon salt
Lettuce leaves
Sliced tomatoes


Combine the chicken, walnuts, celery, and raisins in a large bowl.


Combine the salad dressing, lemon juice, and salt in a smaller bowl.


Pour over chicken mixture and toss gently.


Cover and chill salad at least 2 hours.





To serve, arrange a lettuce leaf on a plate, cover with a slice of tomato. Spoon salad on top. I added a few baby carrots and a cranberry white cheddar slice.


No comments:

Post a Comment