Friday, November 4, 2016

FANCY GORP

I saw this recipe for Fancy Gorp last week in that cookbook (Southern Living 1989 Annual Recipes) I found when I was going through "stuff" in the garage that we hadn't unpacked. I immediately wanted to make it, but since it makes 2 quarts, I knew I needed to make it when I had people to help me eat it.

Well, I found time to make it when I agreed to have the quilters' canasta group over yesterday. They didn't help me eat as much of it as I would have liked, but it is so good. (I shouldn't have had so many choices for them to eat.) I will just have to practice some self-control when I eat it.

I guess you could use your favorite nuts and "candy''/chips and it would be okay. When I told the girls that I had made it, Friend Susan said, "We used to call it gorp." I laughed.


FANCY GORP

1       (16 - ounce) package candy-coated chocolate pieces (there are a lot of different flavored candy-coated chocolate pieces now that you can buy)
1       (12- ounce) jar unsalted roasted peanuts (I used dry roasted unsalted peanuts)
1       (6 - ounce) can salted natural almonds (I used salted roasted almonds - they were great)
1       (6 - ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
1       (6 - ounce) package butterscotch morsels (1 cup)
1       cup raisins

Combine all ingredients,
stirring gently.







Store in an airtight container.

Makes 2 quarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment