Friday, November 11, 2016

CRAN-LEMON COFFEECAKE

I don't think I have ever taken a "treat" to the volunteers at Hillcrest Thrift Shop that they didn't like. I have taken "treats" though that I knew they really, really liked. This Cran-Lemon Coffeecake is one of those. In fact, it might even be at the top of the list if they ordered everything I have taken in order from "best to least favorite" with best being at the top. Several insisted on the recipe and I told them it would be on my blog Friday. (They didn't know I had a blog.)

I woke up early and made it before I went in to work the first shift at the register. It took me a little longer to chop the cranberries than I thought so I was taking the cake out of the oven 20 minutes before I was supposed to be at the shop. That meant the cake was nice and warm which they really liked.

I did use fresh cranberries and used McCormick's California Lemon Peel for the grated lemon peel.


CRAN-LEMON COFFEECAKE

1         package (about 15 ounces) yellow cake mix
1         cup water
3        eggs
1/3     cup butter, melted
1/4     cup lemon juice
1         tablespoon grated lemon peel
1-1/2  cups coarsely chopped fresh or thawed frozen cranberries (I did use fresh)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup (10 - inch) Bundt pan.

Combine the cake mix, water, eggs, butter, lemon juice, and lemon peel in large mixing bowl.

Beat with electric mixer at low speed 2 minutes or until well blended.

Fold in cranberries.

Spread batter in prepared pan.

Bake about 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.

Cool in pan 10 minutes.

Invert onto wire rack or
serving plate.








Prepare Lemon Glaze*, if desired.

Drizzle over warm coffeecake.

Let stand until set.

Serve warm or at room temperature.







LEMON GLAZE

1           cup powdered sugar (sifted)
3          tablespoons lemon juice

Combine ingredients in small bowl and
whisk until smooth.



This is one of those recipes I found in Cathy Mitchell Presents Quick & Easy Dump Cakes and More cookbook and had a hard time deciding which one to bake first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment