Tuesday, November 3, 2020

COUNTRY CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP

 Here we are in November already. I wonder if it will go as quickly as October did. I will need to be asking grandkids for Christmas lists.

But it also means it is "soup time" at our house. When I found this recipe while flipping through some old saved recipes, I was sold on it by the picture.  Well, have you ever made something that everytime you heated it up for leftovers, the better it tasted? That's what happened with us and this soup. Next time I will make it the day before I plan to eat it. One thing though - I guess the brown rice I used soaked up the broth/liquid while it was in the refrigerator, because I had to make a cup of chicken broth using a chicken bouillon cube and added to the amount I was warming up in the microwave (on Reheat - Pasta) It was really good though. So just be prepared that you might need to add more broth the next day. I did add a little Nature's Seasoning and that helped a lot also. (I have added it to the recipe.) My can of mixed vegetables was predominately carrots and potatoes (they were listed first on the list of ingredients though) so when I warmed us up some I opened a bag of frozen mixed vegetables  and took out some corn, peas, and green beans and added to the bowl. So just check out your mixed vegetables you are using. Also the recipe was made for convenience and called for canned goods.



COUNTRY CHICKEN VEGETABLE SOUP

3       cans (14-1/2 oz each) chicken broth

1/2    cup uncooked long-grain rice (I used quick cook brown rice)

1       can (15 - oz) mixed vegetables (Can use frozen mixed vegetables.)

2       cans (5 - oz each) chunk white chicken (I cooked some chicken tenders and chopped them to make about a cup of chicken.)

1       tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

Nature's seasoning to taste

In a large saucepan, combine broth and rice, Over medium-high heat, heat to boiling. Cover; cook over low heat 15 minutes, or until rice is tender; stirring occasionally.

Add mixed vegetables, chicken, Nature's Seasoning, and parsley. Heat through, stirring occasionally. 



No comments:

Post a Comment