Wednesday, November 13, 2019

EASY RAVIOLI BAKE

I have good intentions. They just don't always pan out. 

One of those good intentions is planning my meals in advance. It really is a good plan of action. If I know beforehand what I am going to serve for dinner, I don't have any problems getting it made. BUT....

Since meal planning isn't happening with me right now, my good intention is finding a recipe for a casserole that will last for three of four meals for us. I am fortunate that Wayne  doesn't mind eating a meal for leftovers - several days of leftovers. While that doesn't work all the time, it is working better than the menu planning. (I did write a post several years ago about menu planning if you want to check it out. It was one of the first ones I published.)

I found this recipe from Betty Crocker and we really enjoyed it. Of course, if we hadn't I wouldn't be writing about it. My jar of pasta sauce was a little bit smaller than what the recipe called for and my package of frozen cheese-filled ravioli was also, so I used a casserole dish that had a cover instead of the 9 x 13 - inch baking dish. I warmed up individual serving size portion in the microwave on pasta reheat. That worked great!



EASY RAVIOLI BAKE

1     jar (25.5 oz) pasta sauce
1     package (25 to 27-1/2 oz) frozen cheese-filled ravioli
2     cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
2     tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 - inch baking dish, with cooking spray.


Spread 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the sauce (okay to overlap).
Spoon half of the remaining pasta sauce over top of ravioli and
then top with 1 cup of the cheese.
Repeat the layers once more, starting with the ravioli,
then sauce, and
finally the last of the cheese.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.


Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.
Remove foil, and bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot in the center.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment