Friday, July 19, 2019

PLAYING AROUND IN THE KITCHEN

For my birthday card, Grandchildren Madison and Tyler helped their mother Lori pick out my birthday card. It was about cooking and making me a cake. Madison told me they chose it because they knew I liked to cook. I loved the card. Well, this post is about having fun and playing around in the kitchen.

I'm sure if you love banana pudding, you have taken the easy way out and made some using instant banana or instant vanilla pudding. Well, I love chocolate! One day recently I decided to play around a little and have some fun and make it using an instant chocolate pudding mix since I didn't have any vanilla or banana. 

We really loved the results. I actually made it twice because the first time I didn't use enough banana slices and vanilla wafers. (We just added more in our bowl the first time.)

I could almost stop this post now but I will go on and give you my recipe and show you my pictures.



CHOCOLATE BANANA PUDDING

1       (4 - servings) box of instant chocolate pudding (I used sugar-free)
2       cups skim milk
Vanilla wafers
1 - 2  ripe bananas, sliced
whipped topping (optional)

Add the milk to a mixing bowl and slowly add the pudding mix whisking the mixture together.
Whisk it for about 2 minutes or until thick.

In a quart or 1-1/2 quarts size bowl, line the bottom and up the sides with vanilla wafers.

Peel and slice a banana and place the slices over the cookies.
Spoon about half of the pudding mixture over the banana slices.
If you are like us and like lots of cookies, place another layer of cookies over the pudding.
Then slices enough banana to cover the cookies.
Now cover the banana slices with the other half of the pudding.
Lastly crush a couple of cookies and sprinkle on top OR you can spread a layer of whipped topping on top. I just thought of that and it sounds simply delightful!










The main reason I shared this post with you is to show you what you can create if you just let your mind be free. So often I don't have all of the ingredients I need for a recipe (or in this case the "right" ingredients), don't let that keep you from experimenting with what you have. You might be surprised at what you come up with.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment