Wednesday, April 24, 2019

PEANUT BUTTER BREAD

I am trying to finish this post while having a major anxiety attack with not being able to hook up my roku to our internet. Now isn't that a ridiculous thing to stress over?! I remember when I was teaching school and the computers/internet became a big part of our day...grades, etc., there were days I wanted to throw my computer out the door. That's how I feel right now but with my TV. We have had AT&T and DirecTV since before time and have never really had any issues, but now all of a sudden, without any notice to us, they have combined the two accounts and all it has done is cause me/us headaches with access issues. 

BUT I want to get this post finished and I need to relax or I will have a sleepless night. Sure you are not interested, but I think sometimes that's what you get on someone's blog. (Forgive me.😔)

I actually made this peanut butter bread two weeks ago. Friend Julie who recently had hip replacement surgery hosted our Mexican Train group. We offered to each bring something so she wouldn't have a lot to do to host us. I saw this recipe in The Beverly Lewis Amish Heritage Cookbook and the suggestion to make it and then use it for sandwiches of cream cheese and jelly. I thought that was a rather interesting way to use the bread. Since there were at least six more friends who would be bringing something, I thought it would be best if I cut the slice in half and make smaller "sandwiches". 

The girls really liked it and Friend Carol even made sure I knew she went back to get the "other half" which she never does. 

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.




PEANUT BUTTER BREAD

2       cups flour
4       teaspoons baking powder
1/2    cup sugar
1       teaspoon salt
2/3    cup peanut butter
1       cup milk


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray an 8 - 1/2 x 4 - 1/2 - inch loaf pan or line with wax paper. Set aside.


Sift together the dry ingredients.


Blend the peanut butter and milk with a whisk til
smooth and well blended;
add to dry ingredients.
Stir with a wooden spoon just til blended.
Pour batter into loaf pan and
bake for 45 to 50 minutes.


Allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes;
remove and finish cooling on wire rack. Wrap in foil.


 Use for sandwiches of cream cheese and tart jelly, such as grape or currant. I sliced the bread and then cut the slice in half.
 Spread fat-free cream cheese on one half.
Covered the cream cheese with some homemade peach jam.
Topped it with the other half of the slice.

2 comments: