Monday, April 22, 2019

CHOCOLATE GINGERSNAPS (SUGAR-FREE)

I apologize to my readers who have been expecting some fabulous recipes and not finding them. I have lots of excuses to offer, but I guess the two best ones are 1) I have found a new "happy place" and 2) I really want to lose 5 lbs so I haven't been cooking as much. (See pictures below the recipe regarding 1) excuse.)

Because of excuse #2 when I wanted to make some cookies to fill the cookie jar, I chose this recipe for Chocolate Gingersnaps because I could use a sugar-free cake mix and except for the little bit of sugar the dough was rolled in, they are sugar-free. My husband Wayne has even more pounds he wants to lose so he especially likes them.

FYI - I will be in the kitchen more this week because Friend Fran is hosting two gatherings this week and I always make the dessert for her. AND of course, I will have my shift at the thrift shop on Tuesday.

Click here for a printable copy of just the recipe.


CHOCOLATE GINGERSNAPS

sugar
1     pkg chocolate cake mix without pudding in the mix (I used a sugar-free devil's food cake mix)
1/3  cup oil
2     eggs
1     tablespoon ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray or use non-stick cookie sheets. Put a few spoonfuls of sugar in a small bowl and set aside.

Add the cake mix, oil, eggs, and ginger in a large mixing bowl and
beat until well blended.
Using a cookie scoop (1 tablespoon size),
roll dough into a ball in the palms of your hands, and
then place in bowl with sugar and roll to coat.
Place two inches apart onto cookie sheets.


Bake 10 minutes or until cookies are set.
Remove to wire racks and cool completely. 


Here are some pictures of me and my NEW Happy Place. I am having so much fun making pots of pretty flowers and the love-seat glider. I have always wanted a porch with a swing. This is the closest I will ever come, but I am okay with it. I also bought a "new" lamp (a wire bird cage with "birds" inside) but I took these pictures beforehand.


Above the sliding glass door in the kitchen...


The view from my kitchen...


Standing in the doorway...



Can you blame me for wanting to spend as much time as I can out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment