Tuesday, August 7, 2018

LINDA'S EASY BISCUITS

I thought I would give you (and me) a little break from my travelogue of our recent trip and share a recipe with you. While in Vermont (visiting my uncle Sam and aunt Eleanor), Eleanor's sister-in-law gave Sam some biscuits she had made for him. When she started talking about them, I asked her if I could share them here and she agreed. She said they were called Easy Biscuits because you just dropped them instead of rolling them out.

After we got back home, I decided to give them a try myself and surprise my husband. Mine didn't turn out quite like Linda's. They were about half as thick as hers. I think it was probably because I used Light Mayonnaise. I think the recipe needs the fat in the regular mayo since there is no butter or shortening in them. I also use skim milk and I don't know what milk she used. If she used anything but skim milk, that would have given the biscuits even more fat. Her biscuit was a nice little biscuit and since the recipe only makes 5 biscuits, it is perfect for a "small" family. 

I only had a picture of one of her finished biscuits, but I will share my pictures of when I made them, also. (Just don't look too closely at my finished biscuits. ha)


EASY BISCUITS

1       cup flour
1/2    teaspoon salt
1       teaspoon baking powder
2       tablespoons mayonnaise (do not use light mayo)
1/2    cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the pan you are going to use to bake them on.

Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.

Combine the mayo and milk in a small bowl.
(I used a measuring cup and added the mayo after I measured the milk.)

Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and
stir til blended.

Drop dough into small cookie sheet or pie plate to bake.
(I used a large serving spoon to measure them with.
I also used my spatula to get every last bit of dough in the bowl to make my fifth biscuit closer to the size of the other four.
)


Bake 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment