Tuesday, August 28, 2018

PECAN - CINNAMON COOKIES


Day 2 of My Patchwork Quilt's first ever Cookie Week. These are the first cookies I made after we got home from our vacation. They made a nice little semi-soft delicious light-tasting nutty cookie. I don't know about you, but I just love chopped pecans in cookies. Since they contained the light corn syrup, I reduced the brown sugar calories by using a half a cup of brown sugar/stevia blend for the full cup of brown sugar. 

Print just the recipe.


PECAN-CINNAMON COOKIES

1/2       cup shortening
1/4       cup butter, softened
1          cup brown sugar, packed (I used 1/2 cup brown sugar blend)
1/4       cup light corn syrup
1          egg
1          tablespoon vanilla
2          cup flour
2          teaspoon cinnamon
1          teaspoon baking soda
1/2       teaspoon salt
1-1/2    teaspoon chopped pecans (I used a little more - like 3 tablespoons)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.



Cream together the shortening, butter, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.


Add corn syrup, egg, and vanilla; beat until smooth.


In a small bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt with a whisk.


Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture; stir until a soft dough forms.

Stir in pecans.





Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet. (I used my small cookie scoop and a nonstick cookie sheet.)


Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. (The 8 minutes were perfect in my oven.)

Cool 5 minutes on pan.
Remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.







Store in an airtight container.

Makes 4 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment