Thursday, August 30, 2018

(COCONUT) BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES

Since the name for these cookies just about describes all the main ingredients in them, I would have called them Coconut Banana Oatmeal Cookies and then wouldn't be leaving out anything.

Whatever you call these cookies, I LOVE them. I've been wanting to make them but had to wait for a very ripe banana. For the last few days, every day, I have reminded my husband he needed to leave me one ripe banana. I don't eat them except when they are nice and firm, but he will eat them when they are ripe. Occasionally he will eat one and tell me (if there are anymore in the bowl) that the bananas are ready for banana bread or whatever I want to make with them.

I decided I would make these to give to my friend Fran who came over while we were gone and watered my indoor plants and the plants on our back porch/deck. I also made them again as one of the three cookies I served the Friends' Bridge Couples' group when we hosted them. I am sharing them now to you during My Patchwork Quilt's first ever Cookie Week.

Click here for a printable version of the recipe.



(COCONUT) BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES

2       tablespoons butter
1/2    cup sugar or stevia
1/2    cup brown sugar or brown sugar complete
1       banana, very ripe
1       egg
1       teaspoon vanilla
1       cup sifted flour
1/2    teaspoon baking powder
1/2    teaspoon baking soda
1/2    teaspoon cinnamon
1/4    teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups oats (I used quick oats)
1       cup unsweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Melt butter (in microwave).


(You don't have to use an electric mixer but I decided to and then didn't mash the banana.) Combine butter, sugars, banana, egg, and vanilla.
Stir/beat til smooth.

Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt with whisk.
(Don't forget to sift some flour first in a bowl and then measure out the cup. - tips with flour)


Add the oats to the flour mixture and stir with whisk.


Add to banana mixture.


Add coconut.


Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, place cookies about 2 inches apart on pan.


Bake 11 - 14 minutes til set and golden. (I baked mine 13 minutes.)


Cool on pan on wire rack for 5 minutes before
removing them to finish cooling on rack.


Fran's cookies....



and then when I served them to the bridge club...

No comments:

Post a Comment