Tuesday, May 13, 2014

EASY CHEESY CORNBAKE

I decided to make two dishes of corn for our NNL Dinner Club gathering earlier this month. There were going to be 18 people there and I was afraid one dish wouldn't be enough.  I also decided to try two different recipes - one that I would eat ( no onions or peppers) and one that I knew everyone else would enjoy. I made a scalloped corn for the "unseasoned" one which I have already shared HERE.

For the "seasoned" one, I had quite a few recipes to choose from, but finally decided to use Debbie Hartzler's Easy Cheesy Cornbake from A Taste of Mission Trail cookbook.  It is a cookbook that I recently bought at an estate sale and have found several recipes to make from it.  All of the recipes are labeled either Easy, Average, or Complicated.  You can guess by the name of this recipe that it was labeled Easy. I made one change from the original recipe.  I used a can of whole kernel corn that had peppers in it.




EASY CHEESY CORNBAKE

1       16-oz can whole kernel corn (I used a can of Fiesta corn)
1       16-oz can creamed corn
1       8-oz container of sour cream (Light works well)
1       box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1       stick margarine, melted
1       8-oz package shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Reserve 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese.


Mix remaining ingredients together



and pour into a casserole dish (I used a 9 x 13 - inch dish).


Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top.


Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until firm and golden brown.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment