Wednesday, May 7, 2014

GRANDMA MARGIE'S SCALLOPED CORN

I copied this recipe from a cookbook my dil Sara had entitled Farmhouse Christmas by Gooseberry Patch during one of our visits to our older son's. I usually love their cookbooks and usually find several recipes that look interesting enough to try.  This time was no exception.  I saw this recipe for Scalloped Corn and liked the looks of it.  I have made it a couple of times....the last one being for the NNL Dinner Club the other night.  It is great for a potluck gathering or for a large family.




GRANDMA MARGIE'S SCALLOPED CORN

1     15 - oz can whole kernal corn, drained
1     15 - oz can cream style corn
1     egg
1/3  cup milk
1     stick of butter (margarine), softened
1     8 - oz box cornbread mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Mix all of the ingredient;
blending well.


Spoon into a 2 - quart casserole dish.

Bake for 45 minutes.






I'll be sharing other recipes from our Dinner Club gathering last weekend over the next few days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment