Thursday, May 29, 2014

PINEAPPLE CRUNCH CAKE

Another great recipe from Colonial Cooks!, a cookbook from Colonial Presbyterian Church in Overland Park, KS that I got at an estate sale.  It was contributed by Debbie Watson.

I made this cake to take to Hillcrest Thrift Shop on Tuesday.  Since the tax season is over, Hillcrest is the only place I have to share my "goodies".  I said this to a group of friends the other day at canasta and two of the ladies immediately raised their hands. Thanks, Darlene and Sue.

This cake is so unbelievably moist and the extra thick nutty topping is perfect. I received many compliments for it.  When I told them what was in the cake and how little sugar was in it, Willard said, "Well, if I had known that.....give me another piece."  Cute, Willard! Josh said it tasted like a pineapple upside down cake. Hmmm? Okay. The pineapple does taste delicious in it.

Remember if you use the print friendly button at the bottom of the post, it will give you the option to remove the images.




PINEAPPLE CRUNCH CAKE

1       20 oz cam crushed pineapple (in its own juice/no sugar added)
1       box yellow cake mix (I used Pillsbury Sugar Free yellow cake mix)
2      eggs

TOP WITH:

3/4    cup brown sugar, packed (could use brown/sugar blend to reduce calories)
3/4    cup chopped pecans
3/4    cup coconut (I used unsweetened coconut)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour a 9 x 13 - inch pan.

Combine the pineapple, cake mix, and eggs in a large bowl.  Stir well with a wooden spoon.

Spread batter in the pan.

Combine the brown sugar, pecans, and coconut in a smaller bowl.

Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.  Do not stir in.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Cool on wire rack.  Cut when cooled.





1 comment:

  1. "Wow, this Pineapple Crunch Cake looks heavenly! I'm eager to perfect my baking skills at the Best Baking Classes In Chennai and recreate this delightful treat."

    ReplyDelete