Friday, May 23, 2014

EGGLESS, DAIRYLESS, FLOURLESS, W/NO SUGAR ADDED COOKIES

I don't think a week goes by that I don't have a friend on Facebook that doesn't post a picture and recipe for these eggless, dairyless, flourless, with no sugar added (cookies)? One week I actually wrote down the recipe thinking I might try them sometimes....these no name whatevers.

So I guess you figured out that one day I finally decided to try them ...and you are right again...after seeing them once again on Facebook. This time it was from a website I could read. I still couldn't find a suitable name for them though. I considered calling them Nameless Cookies. After all "less" seems to be an important word in the title. Maybe that's what I should call them - The "Less" Cookies.

They were pretty easy to make. I did make them using skim milk because I didn't have any almond milk. So I guess mine were "one-less Less" cookies.  Okay, this is getting a little too much.  I'll quit and just give you the recipe.




THE "LESS" COOKIES

3       mashed bananas (1-1/2 cups)
1/3    cup natural applesauce (no added sugar)
2       cups old-fashioned oats
1/4    cup almond milk (I used skim milk)
1/2    cup raisins
1       teaspoon vanilla
1       teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Mash the bananas and add to all of the other ingredients.



Mix well.







Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, space the "dough" about 2 inches apart on the sheet. Using the side of the scoop, flatten the cookie. 












Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
(I know they don't look a whole lot different. They will get a little brown.)



Remove immediately and cool on a wire rack.



After I made the first pan, I decided that they would look better if after I flattened them, I smoothed out the edges to make a more uniform shaped cookie. (Some of the edges burned.) They did look a lot better. 

I stored them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.  My husband loved them.  He ate 3 of them immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment