Monday, March 31, 2014

EASY NO-BAKE DESSERT

My husband and I just had a fast weekend to northwest LA to attend the wedding of my cousin Carol's son. It was a beautiful, beautiful wedding and it was so good to see family and enjoy some warmer temperatures.  


I wanted to share two pictures with you -- 


their wedding cake... 


and the groom's cake.  








I loved both cakes but this groom's cake was unbelievable. No one could believe it was a cake. (the "box" was the cake.)

But we are back home and back to our normal routines. I do have to admit being a little bit sad and missing family, but I always am after a fun time with any of my family.

Today I am sharing a recipe my friend Linda shared with me. She had two pieces left that she shared with my husband and me. I managed to get this picture before I devoured it. (The word "eat" is too mild of a word -- I "devoured" it.)


CHOCOLATE PRETZEL PEANUT BUTTER SQUARES

Crust:

2        cups pretzels, crushed

Add:   1-1/2   cups powdered sugar
           1          cup peanut butter
           1-1/2    sticks butter, melted



Stir together and press into a 9 x 13 - inch pan or dish. It is not necessary to oil the pan. This is not going to be baked so you can put it into any dish.  

Set aside.

Topping:

1-1/2     cups chocolate chips
1/4         cup peanut butter.

Melt the chocolate chips and the peanut butter together. Spread over the pretzel crust and chill.

Cut into bars. Store leftovers in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment