Wednesday, March 19, 2014

FRESH BROCCOLI SALAD


Our Dinner Club met last Saturday night.  I always enjoy getting together with the group and look forward to the different dishes that everyone will bring to share.  (I did before I created my blog, but especially since.  I always take my camera so I can get pictures of the different dishes and then "hound" everyone for their recipes.)

I shared the Carrot Cake recipe that was my contribution to the dinner earlier. This is the salad that Carol brought to our Dinner Club gathering Saturday night.  

Carol is always one I never have to "hound" for the recipe. I always get an email from her the next day with the recipe.  Once again she didn't disappoint me.  It was a very impressive looking salad and enjoyed by all.




FRESH BROCCOLI SALAD


2       heads of fresh broccoli
1       cup sliced almonds
1       sweet onion
1       cup light mayonnaise
1       lb. pkg bacon
1/3    cup Splenda
1       cup golden raisins
2       tablespoons white vinegar
1/2    cup sunflower seeds

Fry and drain the bacon and then crumble to bite-size pieces.

Cut the broccoli and onion into bite-size pieces.

Combine all the bacon, broccoli, and onion with the raisins, sunflower seeds, and almonds in a large bowl.

Mix the mayonnaise, Splenda, and vinegar together in a bowl.

Add the mayo mixture to the broccoli mixture and toss to coat.

Best if made ahead and refrigerated for several hours or overnight.

I will be sharing the other recipes soon with you. I have been busy trying to remodel a bathroom.

UPDATE:

Other dishes served at the dinner:

STEVE'S BAKED BEANS

BLT MACARONI SALAD

(LIGHT) CARROT CAKE

2 comments: