Monday, April 29, 2013

LEMON PIE CAKE


This is one of the other desserts we enjoyed at Carol and Keith's house the other night with the Tasty Bunch.  Unfortunately I could only eat about two bites of it as I was "stuffed".  It was so good.  I didn't think about it, but I should have taken a piece home and enjoyed it the next day.  I wasn't thinking.  

When I make this, I will probably use a yellow cake that is sugar free.  That will reduce the sugar a little bit.  I didn't ask Carol if she used a yellow cake mix or a lemon one.




Lemon Pie Cake


1         17 - oz box yellow or lemon cake mix                    
                     
1          21 - oz can lemon pie filling

1/3      cup lemon juice

1          cup powdered sugar

1          tbsp melted butter

Preheat oven to 350.  Spray 9 x 13 - inch baking pan with non stick spray.

Using mixer combine cake mix and filling.  

Pour in pan.  

Bake about 35 minutes.  

Let cool for 30 minutes.  

Combine juice, sugar and butter in a small bowl.  Pour on cake and carefully spread evenly over cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment