Tuesday, April 23, 2013

FRUIT BAKED OATMEAL

I know what you are thinking.....What another recipe for baked oatmeal?  Can't she find something else to share with us?  I can and will, but I found this recipe for a smaller amount the other day when I found the BAKED BANANA BREAD OATMEAL.  

I was interested in this one because it doesn't make as much.  It said it served two.  But if it does, they are mighty big servings.  It makes four servings for me.  So depending how big your serving is.....this recipe will make between 2 - 4 servings.  It also has a creamy texture unlike the other oatmeal recipes I make.

I would suggest trying different fruit for different flavors.  The mixed dried fruit would be good chopped up because then you could have different tastes with each bite.  

The recipe came from Taste of Home and was called Michigan Fruit Baked Oatmeal.  Since I changed it so much, I decided to just call my recipe Fruit Baked Oatmeal.




FRUIT BAKED OATMEAL


1-1/2     cup old fashioned oats
1/4        cup dried fruit; such as cranberries, cherries, blueberries, mixed fruit
1          tablespoon honey
1          cup of milk
1/2       cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4       teaspoon almond extract
2          tablespoons sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a one-quart baking dish with cooking spray.



Combine the oats, dried fruit, honey, milk, applesauce, and almond extract in a bowl.  

Pour into the one-quart baking dish.

Sprinkle the top with the sliced almonds.











Bake for 30 minutes or until edges start to turn brown and pulls away from the sides of the dish.








I will be dividing the dish into four equal servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment