Thursday, January 9, 2014

EASY BUTTERSCOTCH CHIP CHOCOLATE COOKIES

My husband thinks these are some of the best cookies I have made! The only sugar is in the butterscotch chips! But wait....I'm getting a little head of myself.

When I was cleaning up my sewing room, I found a plastic grocery bag with odds and ends of papers in it.  I decided while I was watching television at night, I could go through it and also a pile of magazines I found.  The magazines were from 2010 so it was about time I looked at them. I have to admit it was difficult going through the magazines with the arctic blast we are enduring right now. Why?  They are mostly magazines from the spring and summer. There was one fall issue which helped a little. I tore out recipes and ideas that looked interesting and this recipe for easy butterscotch chip chocolate cookies was one of them.  The recipe was with an ad for Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Flavored Morsels.

I used a sugar free Devil's Food cake mix for the chocolate cake mix.  The recipe called for 2 cups (12-ounce package) of butterscotch chips.  Well, I think that's too many.  I had to squeeze the dough in my hand to keep it holding together and the last few fell apart when I tried to remove them from the cookie sheet because there were so many chips in the cookie.  I even had chips left in the bowl that I ended up just throwing out.  Next time I will use only 1 to 1-1/2 cups of butterscotch chips.



EASY BUTTERSCOTCH CHIP CHOCOLATE COOKIES


1      box chocolate cake mix (I used Pillsbury Sugar Free Devil's Food)
1/2   cup canola oil
2      eggs
1 to 1-1/2 cups butterscotch flavored chips (see above)
1/2  cups chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs in large bowl.

Stir in chips and pecans.

Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets  (I used my cookie scoop and squeezed the dough together in my hand to hold its shape.)


















Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until centers are just set.

Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.








No comments:

Post a Comment