Saturday, October 13, 2012

SOME HALLOWEEN FUN

This weekend is my church's Faith in Action Weekend.  For our contribution, my Sunday school class, the Bible Boomers, decided to prepare lunch for a women's shelter.   I decided I wanted to make some of the cute Halloween "Treats" I had seen for the 8 children.

The kids loved them (and the adults wanted to know how I had made them) so I decided to share them with you here.  You might want to make them too.

JACK-O-LANTERN FRUIT GEL CUP


You will need:

Fruit Cups - individual servings  (I used Mandarin Oranges in Gel)
Fingernail Polish Remover
Cotton Ball
Permanent Black Felt Tip Marker 

The fruit cups come sealed with plastic that has printed on the top the "use by date".  You will first need to remove this.

I removed it using nail polish remover.  

I used nail polish remover on a cotton ball.  It comes off really easily.

Then using a permanent black felt tip marker, draw the face of the Jack-o-lantern on it and fill it in. Let it dry.


WITCHES COOKIE HATS

  
These are so cute and soooooo fast and easy.  You just need 3 things:  Keebler Fudge Stripe Cookies, Orange Cookie Icing, and Hershey's Kisses.

Flip the cookie over to the back side and unwrap the kisses.

Spread the cookie icing around the hole.

Press the kiss on top of the icing.

And that is it.

The icing begins to set in 4 minutes.  Let dry for 4 hours before you start stacking them.




SPIDER POPS


These are really cute but they require a little bit more work.

You need:

Candy lollipops.  (I used Dum Dums)
Black Pipe Cleaners
Moveable eyes...7 mm
Craft glue

I started with Tootsie Roll Pops, but they were too heavy for the pipe cleaners.  So I switched to the lighter Dum Dums.

I cut the pipe cleaners to 8 inches.  You will need 4 pipe cleaners for each lollipop.

Fold each one of the pipe cleaners in half.

Overlap the stick of the lolipop with the folded pipe cleaner.
 and twist the pipe cleaner on the back side once.

Repeat until you have 4 pipe cleaners on each lolipop stick just below the candy.

For the bend in the legs, I measured 1-1/4 inches from the end of the pipe cleaner and bent the pipe cleaners down.  Using this one as a guide, I bent the other three the same amount over my finger.
 
Repeat on the other side.  Trim the "feet" off so they are all the same length if necessary.

Using craft glue, glue two moveable eyes to each spider on the pipe cleaner.  I generally glued them on the second set of "legs"



You might have to maneuver the "legs" around so the spider will stand up.  Don't worry if all of the "legs" don't touch the table.



I had so much fun making these. 

CORNY PEANUT BUTTER BUTTONS

I had intended to make some pretzel turtles to take to the lunch but didn't have time to make them.  I bought candy corn that I wanted to try instead of the pecan.  


I finally got around to making some and you can check out the process HERE.

Then I decided to try using mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups instead of the Rolo.  That turned out really good too.


JACK-O-LANTERN BIB


 I made this bib for my grandson, Tyler.  You can see how easy it was to make HERE.

JACK-0-LANTERN T-SHIRT (NO SEW)


After making Tyler the bib last year, I decided to make him a t-shirt this year.  If you are like me, it will take you longer to decide on a "face" than it will to make the shirt.  Check out my tutorial HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment