Tuesday, October 31, 2023

APPLE SPICED MINI-MUFFINS


Friend Sandi offered to make a sugar-free cafe treat for us for this past Sunday. I was so surprised and so happy. That meant I wouldn't have to make something. She said she had some apples she needed to use up and since she is borderline diabetic, she usually tries to make sugar-free desserts. 

As it turned out I was really glad she offered. I ended up baking most of the day making three different quick breads to give to our four ministers for Pastor Appreciation Month. We have four ministers so I ended up having to make two of the recipes twice because the recipes only made 3 mini-loaves. That meant though I could freeze a few for us. The other loaf made two - 9 x 5 loaves or six - mini-loaves. I will add pictures of them below. Two of the loaves I have already shared here. The third loaf I will be sharing soon.

Sandi told me her apples were medium sized. She used her food processor to chop them up, so they were almost more like chunky applesauce. She didn't measure them, but said she would guess about 1-1/2 cups of chopped apples.

Some people don't like S-F stuff, so if that describes you, just use a regular yellow cake mix. They were really so delicious! You could also make regular sized muffins if you liked, just adjust the baking time.




APPLE SPICED MINI-MUFFINS

4     apples, peeled, cored, and finely chopped

1     yellow cake mix (Zero-Sugar for SF)  

1     large egg

1     tablespoon ground cinnamon

1/2  tablespoon ground ginger 


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini-muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon to mix up well.

Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. (A tablespoon cookie scoop works well for uniformity.)

Bake for 15 to 17 minutes.

Makes approximately 48 mini - muffins.

My baking from Saturday...

The front six are my Banana Split Bread. That is my husband's favorite banana Bread. RECIPE.

The back five and then mini bundt cake is Norma's Cranberry Pumpkin Bread. RECIPE.

The third one called Cranberry Cottage Bread is new...(It also contains dried apricots.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment