Tuesday, October 24, 2023

DOUBLE BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING COOKIES

 

Butterscotch has always been a favorite of mine. When I was younger, I would order a butterscotch sundae instead of the very popular hot fudge sundae. It has been a while since I have enjoyed a butterscotch sundae since I now usually get the hot fudge sundae. That doesn't mean I don't like butterscotch anymore though. That's why when I saw this recipe for Double Butterscotch Pudding Cookies, I knew I had to make them.

Recipes using mixes as a shortcut, only takes a little bit of time off of the prep time, but it certainly is nice. I do like to find recipes for enriching mixes and making something better than just the mix.

I didn't have any sea salt called for in the recipe so I substituted some Himalayan pink salt. It worked well. I still remember the moment when one of our pastors, Mat, took one to eat, bit in it, and tasted the salt. He looked at me, smiled, and said "Sea salt. I love it!"

I have to admit, the salt was an excellent additive. 




PRINT RECIPE.

DOUBLE BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING COOKIES

1       pouch (17.5 oz) sugar cookie mix

1       box (3.4 oz) butterscotch instant pudding mix

1       stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened

2       tablespoons water

1       egg

1       cup butterscotch chips

1       teaspoon coarse sea salt (I used Himalayan pink salt)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 


In a large bowl, mix the dry cookie mix, dry pudding mix, softened butter, water, and egg with a spoon until a soft dough forms.

Stir in the butterscotch chips.

Drop dough by a level tablespoon scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.

Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are set.

Immediately sprinkle each cookie with sea salt. Cool 2 minutes before removing the cookies from the cookie sheet
to a wire rack to finish cooling completely, about 20 minutes.








Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment