Friday, October 27, 2023

MINI PUMPKIN PIE PANCAKE MUFFINS

 

I'm so behind in my posts sharing. I have had a post each day this week so far. It's been a while since I did that. I got behind two weeks ago when we had our stair railings and spindles replaced. They look so good. I'll share some before and after pictures at the end of the post.

We were lucky that we could reuse the posts and only had to replace the railings and the spindles. That meant work for me though because Chris Webb who replaced the carpet in our house 14 years ago and laid down hardwood flooring doesn't do any painting. Fortunately I do paint and usually enjoy it.

I had to sand the posts that had been stained and then paint them. "Iron Ore" was recommended to me for the color paint to use and it was perfect. I also had to prime and then paint the new oak railings. I did that painting in the garage so that meant my Ford EcoSport had to stay outside for about 5 days. Poor thing.

It took Chris and his assistant Jake 2-1/2 days to do their part. After they left I had to patch and touch up where the old railings had been attached to the posts. I'm so glad I had painted everything first so I only had to touch up. I can't imagine having to paint everything after they finished.

It looks so pretty, I'm just sorry we waited so long to decide to do them.

Now about the recipe. I had found the recipe and even though the recipe was only supposed to make 16 (I got one extra.) and I ask everyone to bring 3 dozen of their treat for the Cafe Treats, I just wanted to make the recipe. It sounded so good. I also made it sugar-free by using stevia for the 1/4 cup sugar.

They turned out so good, too. It would be easy to just double the recipe, if you needed more. My chocolate chips were not real big, but if yours are, I would recommend using mini-chips so there will more in the mix.





PRINT RECIPE.

MINI PUMPKIN PIE PANCAKE MUFFINS

1      cup buttermilk baking and pancake mix

1/4   cup sugar

1      teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

1      egg, beaten

1/4   cup milk

1/4   cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)

1/4   cup semisweet chocolate chips


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 24-mini muffin cups pan with cooking spray. Set aside.



In a medium bowl, stir together the baking mix, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, egg, milk, and pumpkin until blended.

(If your baking mix looks lumpy, break up the lumps with a whisk, first.)


Stir in the chocolate chips. (You could use mini chocolate chips, if you like.)


Divide the batter among the mini muffin cups. I use my tablespoon (cookie) scoop to fill the cups. I made 17 mini muffins. So that the muffins will bake evenly, pour a little water in the empty cups.


Bake about 10 minutes or until golden brown and tops spring back when lightly touched with your fingers.


Cool 5 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack. I used a plastic knife to run around the edge of the muffins to aid in removing them from the pan.

Before pictures of our stair railings and wooden spindles:

This picture shows the before and after in the same picture. The spindles on the landing haven't been replaced yet, but the other ones have (with the 1 spoon wrought iron spindles). That's Charlie in the picture checking out the work after Chris and Jake left for the day.

After pictures...






Charlie and Parker, our cats, can't go between these new spindles since they are up to code now with no more than 4 inches between spindles. They loved going between the wooden ones. Here are some pictures of Charlie studying the new ones and disappointed he can't go between.








No comments:

Post a Comment