Tuesday, October 3, 2023

BARB'S CARROT MINI-MUFFINS

 

Can you believe it? October is already here. Some leaves are turning even though the high temperatures are still above average. The mornings are cooler though so it makes it much more pleasant to walk in the neighborhood. I'm trying to walk around a mile and a half each morning during the week. By the end of the day then I have anywhere from two to three + miles depending on what I had going on that day.

This past weekend we drove down to Little Rock, AR to celebrate my aunt's 95th birthday. It was a quick trip going down on Friday and returning Sunday with the party on Saturday. That meant we missed church and I wasn't there for the Cafe Treats, but I had an awesome substitute and everything went well without me. Of course!

The few leftovers were bagged up for me so I was able to get them on Monday to bring home to freeze. One treat didn't have any leftovers so that meant I didn't get a picture of them or even more important taste one. The good news is that Cafe Baker Charlotte said she would make them again for this coming Sunday. Then I can share them with you.

There were five of Cafe Treats' Baker Barb's 96 mini-muffins left so I was able to eat one of them. OMG! They are so good. She omitted the nuts and raisins, but I didn't miss them. (The Cafe Treats is a nut-free zone.) I'm not surprised 91 of them were eaten. That's really a lot, isn't it?!

You will have to give them a try.


PRINT RECIPE.

CARROT MINI-MUFFINS

1/2     cup white sugar

1/2     cup light brown sugar

1        teaspoon cinnamon

1/2     teaspoon salt

1        teaspoon baking soda

1        teaspoon baking powder

2        eggs, slightly beaten

1        teaspoon vanilla

2/3     cup vegetable oil

1        cup grated carrots

1/2     cup crushed pineapple + 2 tablespoons pineapple juice

1-1/2  cup flour

1/2     cup coconut

1/2     cup chopped nuts (optional)

1        cup raisins (optional)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease mini-muffin tins. Set aside.

Combine all of the ingredients and then spoon into muffin tins.

Bake 10 minutes.

Doubled recipe produced 96 mini-muffins




No comments:

Post a Comment