Friday, June 9, 2023

THUMBPRINT COOKIES

 

It has been a long, long time since I ate a Thumbprint Cookie. I'm fairly sure I have never made any, but my mother probably did. When Cafe Treats Baker Kathy said she was going to make some, I was excited to hear it.

My only problem was Kathy was making them for the Sunday we were going to my extended family reunion. Baker Jean was filling in for me that Sunday getting everything out on display, so I told her to take a picture for me. That way I could at least see what they looked like.

Well, the next week when we were back, I got the few leftovers out of the freezer and there were a few of them they had frozen. I placed them on a plate and took the picture below. They still looked pretty and I ate one. It was so good and tasted just like they had been made so they freeze really well. The strawberry jam was so sweet and the rest tasted like shortbread. All-in-all a definite keeper. I can't wait to try them myself.



PRINT RECIPE.

THUMBPRINT COOKIES

1     cup butter, softened

3     oz. cream cheese, softened

1     cup sugar

1     large egg yolk, room temperature

3     teaspoons vanilla extract

2-1/2  cup flour

seedless strawberry jam (or other seedless jam)


In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until light and fluffy. 

Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.

Add the flour and mix well.

Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. 

Shape the dough into1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon hand or melon ball carver, make a 1/2 inch deep indentation in the center of each ball; fill with about 1/4 teaspoon jam (or less). 

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. 

Remove to wire racks to cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment