Wednesday, June 7, 2023

CINDY'S OATMEAL SCOTCHIES

 

I'm going to be trying something I have never done before. I'm sharing a recipe that I don't have a picture for. I'm not sure why I forgot to take a picture of them when Cafe Treats Baker Cindy brought them in Sunday before church. Sometimes if I have been waiting and then the treat is brought in, I get so busy displaying them on a platter, that I forget to take a picture right away. I usually will remember before they are all gone and get a picture before they are all gone. 

It did happen one other time and I was so upset with myself because the cookies were so delicious and awesome looking. I still haven't shared that recipe. I decided I would just have to make them myself so I would have at least one picture to share.

You just have to trust me that these bars are such a keeper that you will try the recipe without a picture. We do it all the time with cookbooks, etc so why not with a blog also. If you have visited my site before, you know I don't publish a recipe that isn't a definite winner. One time I did, but I explained completely I was sharing it to illustrate that the finished cookie didn't look anything like the published picture with the recipe looked. No way could you reproduce that cookie in the picture with the recipe given.

I will just have to do better the next time. 

PRINT RECIPE.

OATMEAL SCOTCHIES

1-1/4   cups flour

1         teaspoon baking soda

1/2      teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2      teaspoon salt

1         cup butter (softened)

3/4      cup sugar

3/4      cup packed brown sugar

2         large eggs

1         teaspoon vanilla

3         cups quick or old fashioned oats

1         (11 - oz) package butterscotch chips

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.  Grease a 15 x 10 - inch jelly roll pan. Set aside.

Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl.

Beat the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. 

Gradually add in the flour mixture.

Stir in the oats and chips.

Spread the dough in the pan and bake for 18 to 22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack and cut into bars when cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment