Monday, October 12, 2020

TUTTI-FRUITTI NUT BREAD

 This is the bread I made for Friend Janice's birthday that I mentioned in the post for Friend Fran's birthday bread, Cranberry Sunshine Bread. Janice was really surprised when I brought it over to her house. She said it made her day special. She said she and her husband ate half of one of the loaves (probably the smaller one) that night after dinner. I'm so glad she liked it. 

The recipe is another fantastic one from the Heartstone Inn in Eureka Springs, AR. I am so glad I found the cookbook. The bread doesn't have the spices so many quick breads do that you enjoy this time of the year so that means you can enjoy the taste of the fruit.


TUTTI-FRUITTI NUT BREAD

2       cups flour

1       tablespoon baking powder

1/2    teaspoon salt

1       cup packed brown sugar

1/2    cup chunky applesauce (I used a chunky peach applesauce)

1       cup chopped dried apricots ( 6 - oz pkg)

1       cup chopped walnuts

3/4    cup milk

1       egg

1/4    cup oil


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 - inch loaf pan and set it aside. I made two smaller loaves and then had a enough batter left to make a smaller one for us so I could taste it.


Stir together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar).

Then add apricots and nuts.

Set aside.


Combine the applesauce, milk, egg, and oil; blending well.

Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and

stir just until moistened.

Pour batter in pan(s).

Bake for 1 hour or until bread tests done (for large loaf). Check around 35 to 45 minutes for smaller loaves depending on their size. Cool for about 10 minutes in pan on wire rack.

Then remove loaves from pan(s) and finish cooling on wire rack. Wrap in foil.


No comments:

Post a Comment