Friday, October 23, 2020

SLOW COOKER PORK TENDERLOIN

I had bought a twin-pack pork tenderloin when I thought I would actually be feeding Workers Jay and Justin as they worked on several projects they were doing for us on the house. My plans were to cook the tenderloin and "pull it" for sandwiches. As it turned out and they weren't serious about feeding them lunch as partial payment for the work completed, I still thought I would cook it and give them a treat. 

On the day I served it last week, Justin didn't make it to work because of possible food poisoning from the place they had eaten lunch the day before. That just meant we had more to enjoy for leftovers. 

Since the tenderloins took about 5 hours to cook in my slow cooker, Wayne and I enjoyed it that night for dinner and I heated it up to serve it to Jay and us the day. Because it was two tenderloins a little over a pound each, I "pulled" one (shredded it) and sliced the other one. It was easy to warm up the next day because I saved the "sauce" it cooked in when I stored the leftovers in the refrigerator. I poured out the sauce in a medium saucepan and placed the pulled portion in first and placed a few slices I cut on top and heated it up on top of the top (with the lid on the pot).



SLOW COOKER PORK TENDERLOIN

2     lbs pork tenderloin (I cooked two with a total weight of 2.4 lbs)

1/4    cup low sodium soy sauce

1       tablespoon yellow mustard

2-3    tablespoon pure maple syrup

2       tablespoons olive oil

2       tablespoons diced dried onion

1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt or powder (I used garlic powder)


Combine the soy sauce, mustard, syrup, oil, onion, and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl til well blended. (I forgot to take a picture of the sauce.)


Place tenderloin(s) in sprayed slow cooker. Pour mixture over the tenderloin. The "sauce" won't cover the tenderloin, but make sure you pour the sauce over all of it.


Place lid on cooker and cook for about 5 hours on low til tender. Watch your time for different weight pork tenderloins. You don't want to overcook. Spoon sauce to coat cooked tenderloin. Can turn cooker to keep warm if not ready to serve.

To serve, you can shred the tenderloin for sandwiches. (Wayne and Jay added some BBQ sauce even though the tenderloin was quite flavored because of the soy sauce and other ingredients.)


One tenderloin shredded...


and the other one sliced.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment