Tuesday, May 12, 2020

DAY 60 - and ZUCCHINI PINEAPPLE BREAD

I found this marvelous recipe for Zucchini Pineapple Bread in my recipe cards when I was looking for something else. Isn't that the way it always is? Anyway, it was a recipe that I am sure my mother had cut out of the newspaper. The recipe was preceded by this: 

          Seeing the zucchini bread recipe in the Alley a month or more ago, Carol Walters of North Little Rock was reminded of her recipe.
          "This is really delicious probably because of the pineapple," she wrote. It is the first I have seen that includes instant pudding mix.

I would probably agree with Carol and take it a step further and say it is the best zucchini bread I have eaten. I made it multigrain by making it with half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat pastry flour. The latter gives it a nice nutty taste even with the pecans. I also used a package of sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix.

I also decided to make it in 5 mini-loaf pans instead of two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Then I gave one loaf to neighbors and one loaf to Friend Fran.



ZUCCHINI PINEAPPLE BREAD

3          eggs
2          cups sugar
1          cup oil
2          teaspoons vanilla
3          cups flour (I used 1-1/2 cups all-purpose and 1-1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour)
1/2       teaspoon baking powder
2          teaspoons baking soda
1          teaspoon salt
1-1/2    teaspoons ground cinnamon
1-1/2    cups grated unpeeled zucchini (drained)
3/4       cup crushed pineapple, drained
1/2       cup raisins
1          cup chopped pecans
1          small package (4 servings) instant vanilla pudding mix (I used a sugar-free package)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5 - inch loaf pans or five mini-loaf pans.



In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla
until foamy.
Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together.
Stir into egg mixture,
then stir in zucchini, pineapple, raisins, pecans, and pudding mix.



Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 1 hour for the two larger loaves and 45 to 50 minutes for the mini-loaves or until a toothpick comes out clean.

I let them cool for about 10 minutes before removing them to finish cooling. Then I wrapped them in foil.


Our youngest grandson, Zachary, turned 1 year old this past week. He is so precious.


CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC, 5/12/2020

UNITED STATES

CONFIRMED CASES        1,386,514
DEATHS                                  81,852

GLOBAL

CONFIRMED CASES         4,282,366
DEATHS                                 288,083


No comments:

Post a Comment