Friday, May 22, 2020

DAY 70 - and PAULA DEEN'S ALL-NEW PEACH COBBLER


It is already Day 70 or 10 weeks tomorrow since we started our stay-at-home for this COVID-19 Pandemic. My husband has started playing golf with his buddies but I am still not socializing with any of my friends. It's kinda hard when you are playing canasta, Mexican Train, or eating out to keep a 6-foot distance from each other. Once again I am between projects so this week has been a downer for me. I did manage to make this less fat and sugar peach cobbler of Paula Deen's though which pleased Wayne a lot. 

Paula says, " This new cobbler of mine has only half the sugar of my original recipe and a quarter of the butter. But it's got 100 perecent of the great peachy taste. The cobbler topping is out of this world, I tell you. My favorite part of this dessert is the sweet golden edges of the topping. I always cut myself off an end piece and let the rest of the family fall all over the middle." The recipe is in her Paula Deen Cuts the Fat cookbook of 250 favorite recipes all Lightened up. (If you would like to see her original recipe, I made it several years ago. You can read it HERE.)




PAULA DEEN'S ALL-NEW PEACH COBBLER

2         tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter (I used non-stick cooking spray.)
1-1/2   cups flour
1/2      cup sugar
2-1/4   teaspoons baking powder
1/4      teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1-1/2   cups milk
1/2      teaspoon vanilla extract
2         cans (15 ounces each) sliced peaches in juice, drained with 1/4 cup juice reserved (I used 4+ cups sliced fresh frozen peaches.)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 - inch baking dish with the butter. OR spray with non-stick cooking spray.


In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt.
Whisk in the milk and vanilla
until smooth.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and
arrange the peach slices on top.
Drizzle over the reserved juice (I used water.)

Bake for about 40 minutes, until lightly golden and firm to the touch.











CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC, 5/22/2020

UNITED STATES

CONFIRMED CASES          1,622,191
DEATHS                                    96,385

GLOBAL

CONFIRMED CASES           5,231,190
DEATHS                                   335,584

Confetti Oatmeal Drops...

No comments:

Post a Comment