Monday, June 3, 2019

(AMISH) PINEAPPLE BANANA BREAD

Bananas were recently 18 cents/lb at Aldi so I bought a bunch. I picked out yellow ones and green ones. They didn't have as many green ones as I would have liked, but I bought what I could. I guess you have figured out where I am going with this story. Right? I had five bananas not real ripe but riper than I will eat them. My husband likes them that way, but I didn't give him the option to enjoy them. 

Instead I found this recipe in my Tasteful Treasures from the Horse and Buggy Country of Copewango Valley, New York for Pineapple Banana Bread. It calls for 2 cups mashed bananas which is just what I had. Most recipes call for only 1 cup of mashed bananas but since this makes 2 loaves ... It also calls for 2 cups of sugar which sounds like a lot, but if you consider that it makes 2 loaves that actually isn't much. Still, I decided to reduce the sugar calories and used only 1 cup of stevia/sugar baking blend since I planned to keep the second loaf. I'm sure the volunteers at H(illcrest) P(latte) C(ounty) Thrift Shop would have enjoyed the extra loaf, but we haven't had much sweet stuff in the house to eat lately so I wanted to keep one loaf. (As it turned out, the loaf was all gone (eaten) easily within two hours of my getting there.) 

It is super moist and I love the pineapple and banana together.

Click here for a printable version of just the recipe.


PINEAPPLE BANANA BREAD

3       cups flour
2       cups sugar (or 1 cup stevia/sugar baking blend)
1       teaspoon salt
1       teaspoon soda
1       teaspoon cinnamon
3       eggs
1-1/4 cups oil
2       teaspoons vanilla
1       (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, undrained
2       cups mashed bananas (about 5 bananas)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two 9 x 5 - inch loaf pans.

Combine the flour, sugar, salt, soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl with a whisk.
Oops! Almost forgot the cinnamon.


Add the eggs, oil, vanilla, crushed pineapple, and bananas to the dry ingredients and
stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
Oops! Almost forgot the bananas this time.


Pour batter into loaf pans.

Bake for 65 minutes.

Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack. Remove and finish cooling on wire rack. 




































Wrap in foil to store in refrigerator.

All cut ready to take to the thrift shop. (Interesting picture. Not sure why it looks this shape. 😊)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment