Tuesday, June 25, 2019

SPECIAL (NO-SUGAR-ADDED) CHERRY DUMP CAKE


Here I am back on my back porch in KCMO. We got back last night after a quick weekend trip to visit with our older son Jeffrey and his family. We usually drive over on Friday and then come back home on Monday. We hadn't been since Christmas and the birth of our latest grandchild Zachary so it was a special trip indeed.

It seems the weather has been crazy everywhere so I shouldn't have been surprised at the high temperatures being in the low 60s. Somewhere in CO they got 12 inches of snow. Back here in KOMO we got a total of 4.5 inches of rain for the weekend. That was good for all our flowers we have outside. Now that we are back though I have to go back to my frizzy hair with our humidity.😞

I wrote this recipe up before we left but didn't get it published. It was really delicious and I love that it didn't have all of the sugar in it. Probably need to go put the load of clothes in the dryer and do some other cleaning. Make sure you check out my pictures below the recipe from our weekend and do at least one thing special today.



SPECIAL (NO-SUGAR-ADDED) CHERRY DUMP CAKE

1     (20 - ounce) can crushed pineapple in its own juice
1     (20 - ounce) can no-sugar-added cherry pie filling
1     box sugar-free yellow cake mix
3/4  cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter
3/4  cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1     cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


Spoon pineapple evenly over bottom of a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan.


Cover evenly with pie filling.


Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over the filling.


Cover the cake mix with thin slices of the butter.


Sprinkle the coconut and
pecans evenly over the butter.


Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour or until top browns. 
Cool on a wire rack.

First time holding Mr. Zachary.


























Me and 5-1/2 yr old Henry.

Guess who...




 Thirteen yr old Hallie with Foster Baby Bella.


























Daddy with Mr. Z. (He's a good daddy!)


We always get our last picture just before we leave. Yesterday morning Hallie needed a little extra sleep and she missed being in the picture. I should have taken the picture on Sunday after we got home from church but didn't think about it since we always do it just as we are leaving. Will have to remember that next time.That tall guy is fifteen-yr-old Colby and then eleven-yr-old Sadie along with Henry and Zachary. I love the picture because it always shows how they are growing. There looks otherwise don't seem to change much. Hallie is at least as tall as I am (maybe a little tallerπŸ˜‰).


and then one last look at Pike's Peak overlooking CO Springs...

2 comments:

  1. I made this with fresh strawberries, pineapple and, bananas it’s so easy from start to clean up. You don’t need a mixing bowl. It was so good πŸ€€πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹! I took pictures I don’t know how to post them. Love the pictures of your family.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah. I bet it did taste delicious. Sounds like I need to give it a try. I'm not sure how to add pictures in a comment either. I guess I need to learn somehow. Thanks so much for leaving your comment.
      Patricia

      Delete