Friday, December 4, 2015

CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ONE (or two)

My dil Sara sent me the recipe for this Chocolate Cake for One way back in 2009. It sounded like something I would like, but I just never got around to trying it until now. You could probably use any flavor cake mix. She used a milk chocolate cake mix and I used a Devil's Food cake mix that was even sugar free. Even though she calls it a cake for one, it actually makes a large serving of chocolate cake. The first time I made it, I forced myself to eat the whole thing. The next time, I shared half of it with my husband. 

I like how it is convenient and easy to make.



CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ONE


Combine and store in a gallon - size ziplock bag:

1       chocolate cake mix (without pudding added) (I used a Sugar Free Devil's Food cake mix)
1       (4 - serving size) dry chocolate pudding mix (I used a Sugar Free chocolate pudding mix)

To make the cake:

1/2     cup of the cake mixture
1       egg
1       tablespoon oil
1       tablespoon water

Spray the bottom of a small microwavable bowl (slightly bigger than a cereal bowl) with non stick spray. (I used my French white Corning Ware bowl that holds 2 cups of liquid)


Mix the ingredients together well in the bowl.


Smooth out 
and then drop one scoop of canned chocolate frosting in the center of the batter. (I used my small cookie scoop that holds 1 tablespoon of water.)

Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on High for 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Let the bowl rest in the microwave for 1 minutes before opening the door.


Remove the bowl 
and place a plate on top of the bowl and then turn it over.


Shake it to release the cake.

Remove the bowl and enjoy the cake.


Here is a surprise center.


It may not be the best "looking" cake when you remove the bowl. So if it bothers you, add a scoop of ice cream. ( I didn't have the ice cream, but I am sure you can imagine it.)

Just store the ziplock bag with the cake/pudding mix, in your pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment