Friday, December 11, 2015

AMERICAN GOULASH

I keep seeing a picture of this American Goulash on Facebook. You probably have seen it also. I finally decided to copy the recipe down and try it.

Our verdict? Well, we really liked it. I omitted the green peppers because they don't like me and I used some minced onion for the chopped onion. Onion doesn't like me either, but a little bit of the minced onion is usually okay. I also didn't cook it the full 45 minutes. The macaroni was done after 30 minutes so I turned the burner off and we ate it.


AMERICAN GOULASH

1       lb. ground beef
1/2   medium onion
1/2   medium green pepper
1       16 - ounce can (2 cups) tomato juice
1       cup uncooked macaroni
1       8 - ounce can diced tomatoes (1 cup)
2      tablespoon Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top

In a large skillet, brown the meat. Dice the onion and green pepper and add to the brown meat.

Add the juice, diced tomatoes, and macaroni. Stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.


Cook on medium low heat for 30 minutes or until macaroni is done. Stir often to prevent the macaroni from sticking to the bottom of the skillet.


Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment