Tuesday, December 8, 2015

HELLO DOLLIES

It's hard to eat just one square! That's how it is with me with these Hello Dollies. Just like the fudge I made Saturday morning, these are super easy. I wanted to take a tray of several different "sweets" for the Dinner Club and decided these would be perfect for some variety.

This recipe also came from my from Amish and Mennonite kitchens cookbook. 


HELLO DOLLIES

1/4      cup butter or margarine, melted
1          cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 graham crackers if you are making your own)
1          cup coconut, shredded (I used unsweetened shredded coconut)
1          cup chocolate bits (I used semi-sweet chips)
1          cup pecans, chopped
1          can (14 - ounces) sweetened, condensed milk

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Spread melted butter on bottom of a 9 - inch square pan. (I just placed the butter in the pan and stuck it in the oven while it was preheating.)

Sprinkle the crumbs and evenly cover the bottom of the pan. (I placed 2 graham crackers at a time in a ziplock bag and crushed them using my rolling pin.)

Sprinkle the coconut over the crumbs.

Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the coconut layer.

Cover the chips with the chopped nuts.

Pour the condensed milk over all.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Cool and cut into squares.






Tip! If the edges are hard to cut, cut just inside the edges....like some people do brownies who don't like to have the hard edges on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment