Monday, April 6, 2015

BLACK AND WHITE CHEESECAKE BITES

These Black and White Cheesecake Bites were a really big hit when my husband took them to the tax office at Fort Leavenworth to share with everyone. One lady who doesn't eat "sweets" took a couple home to her husband. She said he loves anything cheesecake.

The recipe was part of an ad from the America's Dairy Farmers National Dairy Board that I tore out of a magazine. The page looks like a Good Housekeeping magazine page. The ad on the back page is dated 1991.

They were really good and I am almost sorry I didn't keep more at home to enjoy myself. Guess I will just have to make them again and share them with the Hillcrest volunteers this time.


BLACK AND WHITE CHEESECAKE BITES

1       package (12 ounces) chocolate chips (I used 2 cups dark chocolate chips)
1/2   cup butter (1 stick)
2      cups graham cracker crumbs
1       8 - ounce package cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
1       can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1       egg
1       teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. 

To prepare crust: 


In medium saucepan over very low heat, melt the chocolate chips and butter, 
stirring until smooth. 
Stir in graham cracker crumbs. (I made my own by crushing one bag of graham crackers using a rolling pin.
Remove 1/4 cup mixture for later use.


Press remaining graham cracker mixture evenly in a 9 x 13 - inch baking pan.


In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.


Gradually beat in condensed milk, 
then egg and vanilla.


Pour over prepared crust.


Sprinkle with reserved 1/4 cup crumb mixture.


Bake until set, 25 to 30 minutes. (Mine required the full 30 minutes).


Cool. Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours or longer. (I made mine the night before.)



Cut into 26 squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment