Monday, January 19, 2015

NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PIE

Each day I feel a little better. Which is good because today I have to get back in the kitchen. It's been almost a week. I have to make Volunteer Mark my Ice Cream Cake for his birthday and take to Hillcrest Thrift Shop tomorrow and then something for my husband to take to the tax office at Fort Leavenworth tomorrow. Sounds like I am going to have a busy day.

Mark says everything I make and bring is good but he never fails to tell me that the Ice Cream Cake is his favorite. A couple of weeks ago he told me he had a birthday this week and requested it. It is so easy to "put together", it is hard to accept the praise you receive.

For today's post I thought I would share a dessert we really enjoyed at Friend Carol's house Saturday night. After a generous dinner at J.J.'s Homestead in Kearney, we went back to Carol and Keith's for dessert and games. She made this No-Bake Cheesecake Pie and offered several topping choices. Most of us chose the blackberry dessert sauce that their son had given them. It was really good. I am sure the Heath bar bits and Kit-Kat bits tasted good also, but the blackberry sauce was perfect.

Thanks Carol and Keith for a fun evening and a delicious dessert!



NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PIE

1       cup vanilla or white chips
2      pkgs (8-oz each) cream cheese, cubed
1       8-oz carton of whipped topping, thawed
1       graham cracker crust
1/3   cup English Toffee bits, almond brickle chips, or other candy bits or sauce

In a heavy saucepan, melt the chips over med-low heat, stirring until smooth.

Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the cubed cream cheese. Continue stirring until it is smooth.

Fold in the whipped topping.

Pour into the crust.

Cover and refrigerate overnight or until set. 






Just before serving sprinkle with topping OR provide choices for the topping as Carol did.

I wonder what chocolate chips would taste like in it instead of the vanilla or white chips? Hmmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Looking very yummy… It is very simple and time consuming recipe. Cheese is favorite of mine so I definitely try Cheese Cake .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good. Hope you enjoy it also Rohan.

      Delete